Explain Umineko in 50 words or less

Rejected title was “Explain Umineko like I’m five”.

Spoilers up to Episode 4 are fine, but if you’re gonna explicitly spoil anything beyond that, please use spoiler tags! Being comedically vague to the point of not needing spoiler tags will earn you bonus points though. If you’re unsure, better to spoiler tag.

4 Likes

Detective wannabe plays chess with people from Dante’s Divine Comedy while his family dies around him because he sucks at semantics.

16 Likes

21 words, not bad at all!

2 Likes

Crazy women do crazy things and a dense man cannot understand why.

17 Likes

At one point in this story, Krauss will punch a goat.

13 Likes

And Then There Were None style mystery turns into incredibly violent D&D game through the power of witches. Watch, as this reflection of the mystery and fantasy genres gets constantly hijacked away from its incompetent protagonist and the narrative makes you feel sorry for just the worst people.

6 Likes

Watch as an incompetent and a hamburger battle to prove to a witch that witches don’t exist. They get help from other witches.

14 Likes

“A psychotic murderer who may have the ability to bend the laws of physics is slaughtering a family of greedy bastards and the poor bystanders who just happens to be there. Meanwhile, the hero is having an epic semantic debate with a being he’s trying to deny the existence of”

Alternative version :
“A pervert who had all of his family murdered is arguing against the self-proclaimed culprit that she is in fact innocent due to not existing. Also sound now has colors.”

20 Likes

Without love, it cannot be seen. It cannot really be seen all that well with love either. It’s really blurry all around.

13 Likes

Something that made me understand there is not just ONE truth. Your truth is what matters. As long as you have love for it.

5 Likes
  1. Local incompetent man cries because he can’t argue back against a fictional character.

2. Local old man is obsessed with his anime waifu, sacrifices the entire family to try to summon her. To no one’s surprise, everyone dies.

3. Witches, demons and goats? In my murder mystery? It’s more likely than you think.

4. Schrodinger’s cat the visual novel. Now with people!

I could go on forever, honestly.

18 Likes

“A loving family gathers on an island and has a fun Halloween party.”

“A witch kills 18 people on an island. Or maybe it was a human. I don’t know, I’ve been reading for 50 hours and I still have no clue what’s even going on.”

And a more serious one.

“A story about stories.”

17 Likes

Whole Series Spoilers:

Grandpa fucks the whole family over when he fucks family.

31 Likes

Holy shit @MrDent, lmao

Oh oh, I have a better way to explain umineko.

credit goes to my boyfriend’s shitpost from tumblr.

36 Likes

Watch as a eighteen year old boy embarks on his ultimate, deeply moving quest… to punch out the witch that pissed him off.

5 Likes

A thoughtful commentary on the hardships surrounding homosexual relationships in rural 1980s Japan.

2 Likes

…I don’t get it?

[Lonely Island/Icona Pop voice] EVERYTHING IS META!!!

[Freddie Mercury voice] Is this the real life, or is it just fantasy?

Welcome to the Meta World, where the cast is made up and the theories don’t matter!

2 Likes

A guy and his uncle playing board games in purgatory involving the massacre of their family, shit be wack yo!

4 Likes