Introduce Yourself!

I have not heard of this in a looooong time.
How is it and can you describe it to someone who plays osu and GH games as their rhythm things?

Well, K-Shoot Mania is basically a PC emulator of an Arcade game called Sound Voltex, it has a layout of a normal VSRG, it uses 4 white buttons which is basically your normal click or hold notes, it has 2 yellow buttons which work the same way as the white ones but they play Sound Effects that change the music, and then you have two knobs (a red and a blue one) that you have to spin left and right depending on the direction of the "lasers"on screen. I recommend you actually watch gameplay of it because it’s quite hard to explain and the game gets crazy when you have to do all of that at the same time. (If I had to say, it’s similar to Osu Mania and GH in terms of layout and I would say the patterns are easier but since you have to do so many things at the same time, it gets quite hard)

Hi.

I’m a 07th fan living in Australia. I’ve currently read/watched all of Higurashi (am on my reread with the nice new mangagamer releases) and read/watched what’s there of Umineko (also on my reread now that there’s the mangagamer release). Outside of that, I’ve read episode 1 of RGD, the higanbana manga and am currently reading through Renai Harem Game Shuryo. Personally, Higurashi is my favourite series but the Umineko manga is a decently close second.

Pleased to meet you all.

8 Likes

Hey, Zepfur, nice to meet you! Glad to see that your really immersing yourself in the 07thexpansion world!

Nice to be here! I used to be… minorly active on Seacats, but that was only really in the gameboard section under a different name. So it’ll be nice to be in a more discussion focused zone, even if I probably won’t post too much, haha.

2 Likes

Hello @Zepfur! Welcome to Rokkenjima! @Rabla. @StarTurner, @MagusVerborum , and @Aspirety are also from Australia! It’s nice to know you aren’t alone in your part of the world. I think it’s really cool how diverse Rokkenjima is. You’ll meet people from just about everywhere here, and I think that makes us even more interesting!

You sound like quite the Higurashi and Umineko veteran! But have you heard of the newly translated arc, Someutsushi? It’s a really fun side story that I think you might enjoy reading. Since you are a veteran, I recommend checking out the spoiler threads for each of them! Threads are separated by arc for Higurashi, and by episode for Umineko! There is also a topic for general Higurashi spoilers and general Umineko spoilers! You can also talk about your favorite scenes for both Higurashi and Umineko, as well as talking about the moments that made you cry. Of course, there is also a thread where you can gush all about your favorite characters!

However, the best way to get involved around here is to check out our tea parties! So, what we do is we pick an 07th Expansion work and read it all together, then post all of our thoughts in one of the spoiler free threads! That way we all read together, like one big happy family. So far, we’ve covered everything rereleased by Steam (so Higurashi arcs 1-5, Umineko eps 1-4, and Someutsushi). Our next tea party will likely be on Higanbana! However, right now we are taking a bit of a break from the tea parties. This means you have plenty of time to catch up on reading our crazy theories about Higurashi and Umineko in the spoiler free threads or by listening to our lovely podcasts that summarize the discussion (which you can help host)! There are also threads for Rose Guns Days and When The Game Ends, which I see you’ve already posted in! :joyful: There are also threads for Iwaihime, TRianThology, and Hotarubi!

There are many other fun things to do here too! There are many off topic threads, where you can talk all about your favorite Sailor Senshi, music, books, cooking, hobbies, writing, theatre, pets, your VNDB list, your MyAnimeList, even how much you sleep! There’s a little bit of everything for everyone, and I think that’s part of what makes us special.

I sincerely hope you enjoy your time here on Rokkenjima and get to make some friends! Enjoy your stay~

1 Like

I think I’ve already seen you about, but allow me to formally welcome you. Welcome. :wahaha:

Ah, thank you! I have heard of Someutsushi, and I’m planning on getting to it once I finish replaying through Arcs 1-4. In any case, I’ll definitely have to check out the podcasts and some of those threads. Maybe I’ll write a rambling post about Bernkastel or two in that favourite characters thread!

And thank you to AMF, too. Pleasure to be here.

2 Likes

Another Australian? Which state? :wink:

Welcome back to Rokkenjima! We hope you have a pleasant stay~

Western Australia! Which makes me another victim of the unfortunate low amount of stores that carry more niche manga and such, but ah well. :hahaha:

What part state are you from?

Also, thanks, Magus! I hope I will too!

1 Like

Wait, back? You’ve been here before? :open_mouth:

I’m Victoria myself, haha. Hope you enjoy your time here! Great that When The Game Ends is getting some representation here.

I think back here more means “back into the world of Rokkenjima.” I haven’t been here before, no.

And, ah. Victoria. I visited Melbourne, a year or two ago, which was pretty nice!

bloody christ u4ea you’ve outdone yourself with those links this time

2 Likes

There’s another one!

Hello! I’m Taco, I recently finished the eight episode of Umineko’s manga last night! I work full time and come fall will be going to school for respiratory therapy. I live in Florida over in the states. I have read the entirety of Higurashi; However Umineko has solidified itself into my soul as one of the most beautiful and tragic romances I’ve ever read. I would be lying if I said I didn’t weep like a child. I’m looking forward to talking to you all about the upcoming new project!

10 Likes

Welcome! I hope you will like it here! :blushing:

Welcome to Rokkenjima, @Taco_Tacito! I must say, I’m a fan of tacos, so I think that’s a sign we are destined to be friends! If I may be the first to ask, how exactly did you find our cozy corner of the internet? Were you looking for more Umineko content after finishing the manga?

Well, we have plenty of Umineko to go around for everyone! Since you are a veteran, I recommend checking out our spoiler topics for each episode. That way you can talk all about the magic of the later episodes without worrying about spoiling anyone! Of course, you can also talk all about those moments that made you weep like a child, your favorite scenes, your favorite characters, even the characters that you are most similar to! Of course, there are also spoiler topics for Higurashi, as well as a topic for the best scenes in Higurashi! Even if Umineko is more popular, Higurashi deserves love too!

And if that isn’t enough for you, you can also check out our tea parties! So, the tea parties are where we all pick an 07th Expansion work and read it all together! Then we post all of our thoughts in the spoiler free sections, so that the newbies can try their skills at solving the mysteries! Our tea parties follow the Steam rereleases of Higurashi and Umineko! So far, we’ve covered episodes 1-4 of Umineko, episodes 1-5 of Higurashi, and the newly translated Higurashi arc, Someutsushi! You can follow along by reading the spoiler free topics, or by listening to our lovely podcasts (which you can help host)! I really think listening to/reading our crazy theories is the best way to see Rokkenjima for the crazy and amazing place that it is. Our next tea party will likely be on Higanbana! At the moment, we are taking a break from the tea parties, so now is a great time to catch up on past tea parties! You can also check out lesser known 07th Expansion works like Rose Guns Days, When the Game Ends, Iwaihime, TRianThology, and Hotarubi!

Of course, there are other things to do here too! You can share your VNDB list, your manga collection, your MyAnimeList, your MBTI type, your astrology sign, your favorite kind of pizza, your hobbies, your favorite books, your favorite movies, your pets, even your favorite kind of caffeinated beverage!

I really hope you enjoy it here at Rokkenjima! There’s a little bit of everything for everyone, so I’m certain you’re gonna find something to love here, and make some friends over some mutual interests!

1 Like

Watch out Taco, our head administrator @Aspirety doesn’t like it when people don’t set profile pictures, you better set one up quick! (this is a joke, although I’d seriously advise setting one up.)

Welcome to Rokkenjima by the way, we hope you have a nice time here!

I hope my Three Amigo Owen Wilson picture suffices. “<.<”