Introduce Yourself!

Hi everyone, my nickname is Butcher, I live in Portugal and I’m 17. I consider myself a pretty recent 07th Expansion fan, so far I watched the first season of the Higurashi anime but wasn’t really satisfied so I read the first Arc of the novel, also so far I’ve read Eps. 1-5 of Umineko and so far I’m loving it. I found Rokkenjima when I was searching for some news regarding the Golden Fantasia english release and I really liked all the news so I decided to keep checking the forum. Outside of 7th Expansion, I really like rhythm games, mystery games and JRPGs. Nice to meet everyone!

7 Likes

Welcome! Hope you like it here! What rhythm games do you play? I like to play Osu sometimes.

Thanks a lot man. I usually play Osu and K-shoot mania on PC/Dinamix and Cytus on mobile, my name is ButcherG if you want to add me on Osu!

1 Like

Hi again, @Butcher! Welcome to Rokkenjima! I’m really glad decided to introduce yourself!

Probably the best way to get involved around here is to check out our tea parties! Tea parties are basically our giant book clubs, where all read an 07th Expansion VN together! We are reading along with the Steam rereleases of Higurashi and Umineko, so I recommend reading along with us. I know it’s asking a lot to wait, but trust me when I tell you that the experience is so much better when you have others to read alongside you!

You can catch up on all of the theories that people have created! For Higurashi, this is on an arc per arc basis. Since you’ve only read the first arc so far, I recommend checking out the spoiler free thread for that arc! Alternatively you can listen to our podcasts (which you can also help host) on all of Keiichi’s magical adventures in Onikakushi!

These spoiler free threads also exist for Umineko! Since we are following along with the Steam rereleases, we’ve only covered episodes 1-4 thus far! That said, there are still some really cool theories in both the spoiler free threads and the podcasts! Umineko becomes a lot easier to piece together when you have other detectives at your side!

We are taking a little bit of a break from our tea parties at the moment, so now is a great time to catch up on all the theories and podcasts Rokkenjima has to offer! You can also catch up on all the latest news we know on Golden Fantasia and the next WTC!

Of course, there’s also a lot of other fun stuff to do here on the forum! There are threads all about gaming, pets, books, cooking, writing, movies, hobbies, even sleeping! There’s a little bit of everything for everyone, so I’m sure you’ll find a way to make some friends over some mutual interests!

I really hope you wait to read the rest of Chiru with Rokkenjima. As I said, the Umineko (and Higurashi) experience becomes even more complete when you have others to theorize with! In the mean time, read Higurashi! I know you watched part of the anime, but I can tell you as someone who’s both read the VN and watched the anime that the VN is much better!

It’s nice to meet you too! I’m certain you’re going to make a lot of friends while you are here! I really hope you enjoy your stay on Rokkenjima!

4 Likes

Thank you! I’m really glad I joined , everyone seems really nice and this place seems awesome for everyone who is interested in the series.

3 Likes

I have not heard of this in a looooong time.
How is it and can you describe it to someone who plays osu and GH games as their rhythm things?

Well, K-Shoot Mania is basically a PC emulator of an Arcade game called Sound Voltex, it has a layout of a normal VSRG, it uses 4 white buttons which is basically your normal click or hold notes, it has 2 yellow buttons which work the same way as the white ones but they play Sound Effects that change the music, and then you have two knobs (a red and a blue one) that you have to spin left and right depending on the direction of the "lasers"on screen. I recommend you actually watch gameplay of it because it’s quite hard to explain and the game gets crazy when you have to do all of that at the same time. (If I had to say, it’s similar to Osu Mania and GH in terms of layout and I would say the patterns are easier but since you have to do so many things at the same time, it gets quite hard)

Hi.

I’m a 07th fan living in Australia. I’ve currently read/watched all of Higurashi (am on my reread with the nice new mangagamer releases) and read/watched what’s there of Umineko (also on my reread now that there’s the mangagamer release). Outside of that, I’ve read episode 1 of RGD, the higanbana manga and am currently reading through Renai Harem Game Shuryo. Personally, Higurashi is my favourite series but the Umineko manga is a decently close second.

Pleased to meet you all.

8 Likes

Hey, Zepfur, nice to meet you! Glad to see that your really immersing yourself in the 07thexpansion world!

Nice to be here! I used to be… minorly active on Seacats, but that was only really in the gameboard section under a different name. So it’ll be nice to be in a more discussion focused zone, even if I probably won’t post too much, haha.

2 Likes

Hello @Zepfur! Welcome to Rokkenjima! @Rabla. @StarTurner, @MagusVerborum , and @Aspirety are also from Australia! It’s nice to know you aren’t alone in your part of the world. I think it’s really cool how diverse Rokkenjima is. You’ll meet people from just about everywhere here, and I think that makes us even more interesting!

You sound like quite the Higurashi and Umineko veteran! But have you heard of the newly translated arc, Someutsushi? It’s a really fun side story that I think you might enjoy reading. Since you are a veteran, I recommend checking out the spoiler threads for each of them! Threads are separated by arc for Higurashi, and by episode for Umineko! There is also a topic for general Higurashi spoilers and general Umineko spoilers! You can also talk about your favorite scenes for both Higurashi and Umineko, as well as talking about the moments that made you cry. Of course, there is also a thread where you can gush all about your favorite characters!

However, the best way to get involved around here is to check out our tea parties! So, what we do is we pick an 07th Expansion work and read it all together, then post all of our thoughts in one of the spoiler free threads! That way we all read together, like one big happy family. So far, we’ve covered everything rereleased by Steam (so Higurashi arcs 1-5, Umineko eps 1-4, and Someutsushi). Our next tea party will likely be on Higanbana! However, right now we are taking a bit of a break from the tea parties. This means you have plenty of time to catch up on reading our crazy theories about Higurashi and Umineko in the spoiler free threads or by listening to our lovely podcasts that summarize the discussion (which you can help host)! There are also threads for Rose Guns Days and When The Game Ends, which I see you’ve already posted in! :joyful: There are also threads for Iwaihime, TRianThology, and Hotarubi!

There are many other fun things to do here too! There are many off topic threads, where you can talk all about your favorite Sailor Senshi, music, books, cooking, hobbies, writing, theatre, pets, your VNDB list, your MyAnimeList, even how much you sleep! There’s a little bit of everything for everyone, and I think that’s part of what makes us special.

I sincerely hope you enjoy your time here on Rokkenjima and get to make some friends! Enjoy your stay~

1 Like

I think I’ve already seen you about, but allow me to formally welcome you. Welcome. :wahaha:

Ah, thank you! I have heard of Someutsushi, and I’m planning on getting to it once I finish replaying through Arcs 1-4. In any case, I’ll definitely have to check out the podcasts and some of those threads. Maybe I’ll write a rambling post about Bernkastel or two in that favourite characters thread!

And thank you to AMF, too. Pleasure to be here.

2 Likes

Another Australian? Which state? :wink:

Welcome back to Rokkenjima! We hope you have a pleasant stay~

Western Australia! Which makes me another victim of the unfortunate low amount of stores that carry more niche manga and such, but ah well. :hahaha:

What part state are you from?

Also, thanks, Magus! I hope I will too!

1 Like

Wait, back? You’ve been here before? :open_mouth:

I’m Victoria myself, haha. Hope you enjoy your time here! Great that When The Game Ends is getting some representation here.

I think back here more means “back into the world of Rokkenjima.” I haven’t been here before, no.

And, ah. Victoria. I visited Melbourne, a year or two ago, which was pretty nice!

bloody christ u4ea you’ve outdone yourself with those links this time

2 Likes

There’s another one!