Introduce Yourself!

Welcome to Rokkenjima @Checklad! I’m U4ea, Rokkenjima’s unofficial baka tour guide! There are various threads separated per episode where you can talk all about how magical Umineko is. Since you are a veteran, I recommend checking out the spoiler threads since those are places where you can talk freely about stuff that happens in later episodes! However, there are also spoiler free threads where you can see new readers reacting to the story for the first time. Of course the spoiler and spoiler free threads also exist for Higurashi, so you’re free to check those out too! There are also various threads for Higanbana, Rose Guns Days, Iwaihime, Hotarubi, and TRianThology! These lesser known works are unique in their own ways, so I recommend checking them out if you haven’t already!

There are a lot of other ways to involve yourself here too! For example, you can share what when they cry moments have made you cry, you can share your manga collection, share your VNDB list, talk about gaming, talk about your dream crossovers, talk about writing, talk about Touhou, there’s even a thread all about pizza! Of course, you may also prefer to know about 07th Expansion news, like Higurashi Kai, and WTC5.

I really hope you enjoy it here, Checklad. I’m certain you’re going to make a lot of new friends! And if your irl friend ends up really enjoying Umineko, please send them our direction! I look forward to the day the world knows about 07th Expansion! I want Beatrice’s magic to reach everyone, kyahahaha~ :cackle:

2 Likes

Glad you could make it~

1 Like

Hi!

I am Miterosan. I am 18 years old and love Higurashi no naku koro ni [kai] [outbreak]

Currently you’ll find me in germany working as a software engineer in a software company.
Next to watching japanese series, I play games like osu!, Dark Souls 2 and Cities Skylines.
Also I am currently playing the Steam version of Higurashi… but I didn’t got far yet. :confused:
And I program in my free time. My projects range from trying to create a mmo alone to helping friends to get into programming by teaching them ecmascript 5. (so they are able to create browser games)

My name has a meaning:

Mi:
Minecraft… I liked that game very much, but it got boring
ter:
Terraria… was Minecraft, only way better
os
osu! … still my favourite game, due its community
an
Android … I like my Android phone

I also translate wiki articles from english to german

I am often confused and stupid. I complexify things into oblivion when I’m tired. You’ll notice that in my wording sometimes.

Aaaaand the first thing I’ve accomplished is to make Pandora angry on discord. :neutral_face:

Welp I’m onto a good start, so hello everyone!

14 Likes

Don’t worry about Pandora. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, welcome to Rokkenjima! We have lots of people from Germany as well, though I am not one of them. I will let @U4ea properly welcome you though. Glad to have you with us!

1 Like

Indeed, there are several from Germany. Some of those are @Blackrune and me, and @Karifean is from Austria, so he speaks German. There are more, but I don’t remember them right now ^^;
Hope you’ll enjoy it here~

2 Likes

Here I am, rock you like a hurricane!

Hello @Miterosan Don’t worry too much about Pandora! We’re all friendly here, I swear. My guess is you tried to join in the Discord too soon. We have a rule that makes it so you must obtain the “witch” badge (which takes like a week I think, if not less) first. We do this so that a bulk of the focus stays on our lovely forum. After all, the forum is and always will be the heart of Rokkenjima!

The best way to get involved around here is to follow along with our tea parties (which follow the Steam versions of Higurashi)! We have a podcast at the end of the tea parties (which you can participate in)! I recommend checking out the spoiler free sections for all the arcs we’ve covered (1-5), or listening to the podcasts to get a feel for our community and the theories we create! I also recommend rereading Kai on Steam along with everyone else! It’ll make the experience better! In the meantime, you can check out the newly translated arc, Someutsushi! It’s fairly short, but it’s still fun!

However, if you want to talk about the stuff that happens in later arcs now, you can! You can talk about the full series as a whole, or spoilers on an arc per arc basis. We also have all of these things for Umineko (which if you haven’t read yet, please read Umineko)! There are also other fun 07th Expansion content on this site, like Higanbana, Rose Guns Days, Iwaihime, Hotarubi, and TRianThology! I recommend checking these out too if you’ve never heard of them! I know that some of them (Higanbana and Rose Guns Days) have been translated into English, so if you haven’t read them yet, please do!

Of course we also have other ways to get involved! We have a place to talk about general gaming, visual novels, your favorite movies, pets, dream crossovers, you can share your MyAnimeList and VNDB, and you can even talk about your favorite caffeinated beverage! There are plenty of ways to get to know people around here! As Vyse says, there are a lot of other Germans running around too! I think @SuperM, @Aurarcane, and @Replicator are German too!

I really hope you enjoy it here! Now, go! Make some new friends!

3 Likes

Oh yeah another one from Germany that’s nice! Welcome on Rokkenjima i hope you enjoy your stay here! :bern: (As @U4ea said i’m also from Germany :joyful:)

1 Like

Gasps Am I being mistaken for being rude??

Ahah, I apologize if you got the wrong impression of me @Miterosan, I do admit that while I can be a bit of a grump, I was just trying to prevent people from making the same mistakes whenever they try and join the Discord.
Anyway, welcome to Rokkenjima! I hope you enjoy your stay.

2 Likes

We’re gonna get along fine!

Welcome to Rokken, get to Witch quickly so you can get in the discord, yadayadayada

1 Like

Thank you for the warm welcome, U4ea! I did already watch the Umineko Anime. Maybe I’ll try the visual novel too, after I finished the higurashi visual novel… Buuut it is rare that I’m at my PC … I am mostly on mobile :stuck_out_tongue: soooo that will take some time.
I’ll look into the podcasts this evening. I’ll look into Higanbana, Rose Guns Days Iwaihime, Hotarubi, TRianThology … To be honest… I’ve never heard of the these except Rose Guns Days…
I’ll join the gaming and movies thread later.

Thank youuuu :slight_smile:

Ps:
In the rules is written, that you should not use emotes like: >.< :3 (^.^) and so on… is that true or did I read that wrong?

@SuperM

Thank you!

@Pandora

nononono not rude … :hahaha: I did read the text … but I do not like to use websites on mobile… so I’ve wrote that… Sorry to make you angry in the first place.

Thank you!

@King_Titanite_XV

I’ll do my best!

@VyseGolbez

I will!

@Wonderlander

Thank you!

@ peopleAboveMe

I went sleeping yesterday, so I’m late. :disappointed_relieved:

Alright, so I just double checked the code of conduct to make sure, and no such rule exists! You can use whatever emotes you want! :hauu:

Now go read the Umineko VN~ It’s so much better than the anime. I know it will take some time, but it’s well worth the read!

1 Like

Sorry to be a party pooper, but that’s outlined in Clause 7 of the Code of Conduct. It’s not a rule, just a guideline that our members strive for proper grammar and punctuation when posting on the forum.

Glad to have you here @Miterosan! I hope Rokkenjima comes to be a place you can call home.

1 Like

@Aspirety
Sorry to be a party pooper, but that's outlined in Clause 7 of the Code of Conduct.

Just to be sure, that I’ve got it right:

:3 c.c .-. -.- <.< ,–^(0.0)^, #: >.< >.> (╬ Ò ‸ Ó) へ[ •́ ‸ •̀ ]ʋ and so on, you got the idea

are all forbidden on this forum?

Also thank you for the welcome :smile:

They’re not forbidden, we just don’t like people using them excessively in their posts.

1 Like

Okay then!
Thank you and have a nice evening… morning … night… or whatever time it is at you location.

Hello, I’m AMF. I live in Canada, and my personality type is INFP.
I’ve been in the When They Cry fandom in particular for years now, and I’ve read Higurashi and Umineko multiple times each (well, as far as the main stories go). I’ve also read about halfway through Higanbana, and a couple chapters of Rose Gun Days. A very kind friend of mine linked me to this site, and now that I’ve been reading some of these introductions, I’m very happy he did. Discussing Ryukishi07’s works with friendly people is my main source of energy.
When I’m not obsessing over the details of WTC and whether or not I truly understand it all inside and out, I like to draw, sing, browse YouTube, play Touhou or Bayonetta, and occasionally write.
I hope to get along well with you all. Much love. :kissing_heart:

13 Likes

Hello and welcome to Rokkenjima! Hope you’ll enjoy your time here :joyful:

1 Like

Thank you very much. :blush:

Welcome to the community @AMF! Glad you could make it, you seem like you’re be an excellent fit for our community! I’m curious about who your friend is, and what involvement you’ve had in the fandom elsewhere, if you feel like sharing!

Thank you! I’m not sure if the friend in question actually has an account on here, but I post a lot about When They Cry on Instagram so he must’ve seen the forum somewhere and thought “Wow, she’d like this”. If you’re really interested, I’ll ask him if I can put up a link to his Instagram account.

Other than that, I’ve mostly just been wandering YouTube and meeting people on there to chat with for the past couple years, occasionally uploading a cover of questionable quality. Unfortunately, YouTube doesn’t encourage spoiler warnings, and most of the comment sections turn into a mess after a while, so it isn’t the best place to have friendly conversation.