Introduce Yourself!

Hello there, Pliskin, you seem like quite an interesting person and from what you say you’ve read from 07th Expansion, you must be pretty well-versed when it comes to it, so I’m certain we all can have a lot of in-depth discussions with you. Hmm, I don’t share most of your hobbies regarding gaming, though most here do and I’m the poor little one left out, so you can talk quite a bit about that here and on our Discord chat, too. Though you do seem to like film, so I may have found something we have in common here, so say, what are your favourite kinds of films? Also, you’re from NYC, too, same as me and Pandora, though I am Greek and am here just for my university studies. :statue_of_liberty:

Anyhow, I hope you have a good time in the forums! I’m sure U4ea will be here soon with lots of help regarding the navigation of the forums, too.

Edit: Here is the single discussion thread about it, thus far.

1 Like

Thanks! I want to read others like Higanbana and other Ryukishi works when they come back. Sadly though, the language barrier is a problem for me to access VN, which is why I want to take classes in University. As of films, I grew up with 80s action adventure films, though some of my favorites are Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Blade Runner, Die Hard, No Country for Old Men, Unbreakable, LotR trilogy. I have more but I forget sometimes lol. Also, it’s cool that you’re in NYC. As of now, I’m staying in NJ for a while.

1 Like

Btw, I have a question about the discord and the approval. Was I kicked until I get the approval? Just wondering if that’s the case. :relaxed:

Ah, I’m not really into action adventure and I haven’t watched most of the titles you mentioned, so we may not be able to talk much about film, after all, but you seem to like contemporary titles too, so maybe we can talk about that. :slight_smile:

Definitely

1 Like

For love and justice, I am the pretty sailor-suited soldier Sailor Moon! In the name of the moon, I will punish you! This won’t make any sense if I change my profile pic in the future.

Welcome to Rokkenjima, @SleepingPliskin! You should absolutely join the discussion here! The best way to join is to jump onto our current tea party, Someutsushi! All the theories discussed there will be made into the cute little podcasts (which you can help host) that you found us through. You seem really well versed in both Higurashi and Umineko, so you’d probably best enjoy the spoiler sections! However, if you don’t want to talk spoiler talk, there are spoiler free threads too. There are also places to talk about Rose Guns Days, Higanbana (which has an English patch btw), Hotarubi, and TRianThology.

Of course there’s plenty of other stuff to do here too! We have the hype trains for both Golden Fantasia and WTC5 (many thanks to the lovely Sapphire for linking this while I was away)! We also have gaming, what makes animated movies so good, books, cooking, pets, even pizza! I’m really glad you found us here, Piishin! There are plenty of fun things here for everyone~

Also I just want to answer the Discord question just to avoid any confusion. We would like you to reach “Witch” rank here on the forum first before joining the Discord. You can earn “Witch” by posting a bunch, liking things, and having people like your stuff! Sadly, you will not be able to join the Discord before earning it, so that’s why you were kicked out at the moment. But don’t worry, as I’m sure you’ll get “Witch” in no time (seriously, if I remember correctly it takes like a week at max). Once you do, you are free to chat with us on Discord as well as the forum! Sorry if it’s a bit confusing, but we do this so that there the focus of Rokkenjima remains on the forum.

Anyway, I really hope you enjoy it here! Just don’t go and microwave any bananas, ok?

4 Likes

Thank you! Your links help with getting around.

Heyo all ! The name’s Martin, plain 'ol Martin. I’ve finished the first Umineko, and still on the 5th episode of Chiru. My knowledge of Higurashi is limited to the anime adaptation of it, and I’m waiting for it to be fully translated before reading it. I actually read Umineko before watching Higurashi, and gotta say, I love it!

It took me two years to finish the entire thing, though…

4 Likes

Hey @Martin_Sleith, great to have you join us! Are you enjoying your first readthrough of Umineko!

If I may make a suggestion, why don’t you wait around for the Chiru Steam release so you can read it with the rest of us here on Rokkenjima? We’re hosting this event called the Umineko Tea Party through which we rally the entire Rokkenjima community to read through Umineko together. We’ve already finished Episodes 1-4, but we have many new readers like yourself who are waiting for Chiru to release on Steam so we can all read through it together with the updated translation.

Many of our members have told me how thankful they are to have a place like Rokkenjima to discuss each Episode in turn and collaborate on theories, sharing perspectives without the threat of being spoiled. If you were wait a little longer, you could read Episode 5-8 with the rest of us and join in the community discussions and podcasts, and maybe even win some prizes! We’ve very eager for new readers who haven’t finished Umineko yet to share their first time impressions for the Tea Party, so please give it some thought!

With all that said, I really hope you enjoy your time on Rokkenjima! It’s great to have you.

1 Like

Haha, thanks for having me here! Yeah, the wait for Chiru is pretty painful. Glad to be here, and I’m hoping to enjoy my time with fellow fans.

Don’t worry Martin, the wait is less painful when you have others to wait with! It’s a lot more fun to read along with everyone else and create theories together than doing it alone. Trust me when I say, the wait will be worth it! In the meantime, you can follow along with our current tea party, Someutsushi! This is a newly translated arc loosely based on the manga exclusive arc, Onisarashi! It’s pretty exciting for both old and new readers to grab onto this newly translated arc, so please, jump on in! You might win a prize if you do!

As Aspi said, we also have a lot Umineko, which you can join in without being spoiled. So if you want to talk all about Rosa’s awesome moment in Ep2, we have it. If you want to talk about how awesome Eva-Beatrice is in Ep3, we have that too. Maybe talking about these moments will hold you over until Chiru comes out.

Of course, there are plenty of other things to do here too! There’s movies, cooking, gaming, other visual novels, theatre, fanart, even caffeinated beverages! There is a lot to do here while we anxiously await Chiru, so I’m sure you’ll find something fun to alleviate your boredom.

Welcome to Rokkenjima! I really hope you enjoy it here~

1 Like

Heya Martin! Nice to see you here~

Sup Kari! Nice to see you too!

I am Daisu, I am from Ontario Canada. I like horror and bad endings, so no doubt came across Higurashi, which was almost 11 years ago. I also a fan of Higanbana and Umineko, although I read/watch his other works I never gotten to rosegun days.

Happen upon this site while researching some Umineko quotes, so I decided to join. Unfortunately I am cursed and every time I join a fan forum it becomes a cat box mystery never to be opened again. Seriously, getting a bit paranoid here, I have gone through so many in that sea of internet kakeras.

I am a huge fan of Higurashi, I have almost every book and currently working on getting more dvds and cds now. I even did my own fan game many many years ago and planning to make a Umineko one down the road. I was first to put up English subs to the second higurashi movie and dabble in providing raws. My second favorite series is Saki, which is mahjong! I was such a big fan I bought my own automatic mahjong table. Mahjong is featured in quite a bit in Higurashi outside the main series of books :push:

Here is most of my Higurashi collection:

I just toil as a blue-collar worker now, but I use to own my very own book store before I sold it to go into the computer field which was a big mistake after looking back. I use to also worked for Arthuas a subsidiary of White Wolf that had the Ravenloft D&D license, pretty much pen and paper gothic horror that is story oriented. I am planning to go to Japan at the end of August and need to know what is going on in Tokyo for events for otaku like myself.

11 Likes

Don’t worry, we at Rokkenjima are thriving. The catbox is open and very much alive! You seem like quite a veteran! Despite being a veteran, have you read the newly translated arc, Someutsushi? As a fellow veteran I can tell you that it’s a nice little addition to the Higurashi story. Besides, posting in our tea party can win you some pretty fun stuff, so you should totally join in! Everything posted in the tea party will be made into a podcast (which you can help co-host)! I recommend listening to podcasts to get a feel for Rokkenjima, our tea parties, and some of our members (it helps to have a voice to a name, after all).

Being a veteran, you’ll probably find yourself talking in the spoiler sections. Of course, there’s spoiler free sections too! Those are fun because you can mess with help the new readers with the mystery! All of this stuff applies for Umineko! Speaking of Umineko, we also have a whole topic dedicated to screencaps and quotes! Maybe you’ll find the quote you were looking for there? And if just Higurashi and Umineko aren’t enough to satisfy you, there’s also Higanbana, Rose Guns Days (should you choose to eventually read it), Hotarubi, and TRianThology.

And if you’re still bored after that, there’s other things to do to. For example, you can share more of your awesome 07th Expansion collection, share your VNDB list, share your MyAnimeList, talk about how little you sleep, talk all about mahjong and your other hobbies, share pets, books, there’s even a whole topic dedicated to pizza. You can also share fanart for Higurashi, Umineko, Higanbana, Rose Guns Days, and Horarubi.

Welcome to Rokkenjima! I really hope you enjoy it here~ After all, without love, it cannot be seen!

2 Likes

Oh hello guys! I am Cherry, a 21 years old girl from South America (more precisely, from Brazil). It has…certainly been a while since I’ve posted something in a forum, but well, let’s get down to business.

I was 13 years old when I’ve stumbled upon Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni’s anime, and being on my edgy kid/emo phase, it’s quite easy to predict that I absolutely loved it. I marathoned the show and finished it in less than a week. Then, I decided to take a look on what the internet had to offer me about that anime and ended up discovering that there were plans for another “When they cry” animation, and God, I was so hyped for it. I waited for some months until Umineko’s release, and when I watched the first episode I was so amazed, the excellent voice acting, the epic opening and the mystery seemed so promising back then…but the anime left me without answers, and the manga was too incomplete by that time. So, I searched for the visual novels…One of the best decisions I have ever made. Since I was a little kid, I have been a fan of mystery novels (oh Hello there, Sir Arthur Connan Doyle) and Umineko’s riddles, its closed rooms challenged me, drove me to edge of my seat. Plus, charismatic characters, excellent writting, a fantastic OST…Everything was so cool that I thoght it couldn’t get any better, and Mr. Ryukishi07 proved me wrong. Umineko’s Answer Arc was so emotional, so moving to me that I could feel the character’s agony, their struggle, and the tragic, yet very poetical atmosphere that surrounded them. Umineko was a life changing experience, it made me laugh, cry, struggle, think and rethink my identity, filosophies and so much more. This story is something very precious to me and it gives me life to see that the fandom still breathes, even after all these years.

I can’t say that I am likely to be a very active member of this group, since I attend medical school…but I really love to discuss theories, and I also love art (Don’t ask me to produce it though, I am not in the possession of any skills such as writing, drawing, paiting, etc). If anyone needs a beta reader for a fanfiction or even for a personal work I will be really happy to help :smile:

Well, I also love playing games such as Overwatch, Dark souls, Mass effect and Dragon Age. I am an amateur musician (I “play” the electric guitar) and I guess that’s all for know…It ended up longer than I expected lol

11 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima Cherry! You already know me of course, but I wanted to welcome you to this place. I’m recent in this place, too. But the forums are interesting for discussion.

2 Likes

Thank you Plisking, it’s really nice to see a community that is worried to preserve a healthy environment for everyone (:
Glad that you’ve brought me here too haha

1 Like

Welcome to Rokkenjima, Cherry! There’s plenty for you to read here, probably starting with the newly translated arc, Someutsushi! Just read the arc and post your feelings about it! Doing so may win you a fun prize, so please, join in! Participating in the tea parties is probably the best way to get involved around here, so please, give it a try! You can also catch up on our past tea parties by listening to our podcasts (which you can participate in). There is a podcast for all of the stuff rereleased on Steam (so the Higu question arcs, Umi question arcs, and Meakashi)!

You can also talk about all of your favorite Umineko memories by posting in the various sections per episode. For example, if you want to talk about how cute Sakutaro is, you can do that in either the spoiler or spoiler free section for episode 4. We also have a place where you can talk all about your favorite scenes for both Umineko and Higurashi. You can also talk about the various characters you like best, whether it be Bern, Beato, Keiichi, Rena, etc. And if you just want to talk about your feelings on Higurashi or Umineko as a whole, we have that too.

That’s not the end of the fun either. There are also places to talk about mystery novels (Hello there, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle), books in general, writing in general, fanart for Umineko and Higurashi, hobbies/talents, gaming, even everyone’s cute pets.

And if even that isn’t enough for you, you can check out other 07th Expansion stuff like Rose Guns Days, Higanbana, Hotarubi, and TRianThology! I hope you enjoy it here~ :smile:

Oh… And one more thing. In case you haven’t heard yet, WTC 5 is in the works! This teaser page is all we know so far, so come join in the speculation! All aboard the hype train! Choo-Choo~ :joyful:

1 Like

Oh, you two know each other? Do go on~

Welcome to the community you two! You both seem like really invested fans, with @Daisu’s huge collection and prior contributions to the fandom, and I can really feel the passion from @CherryRocker. I think you guys would be an amazing fit for our growing family, and so I really hope you both take the time to use the forum for a few days, get that Witch rank, and then come join us on the Discord! I would be overjoyed to get to know you both better :joyful:

3 Likes