Umineko Chess [GAME 1] (FULL SERIES SPOILERS) [FINISHED]

And adding, maybe letting Battler and Beatrice as King and Queen when it would come to a Chiru based chessboard… heck, we have so many crazy combinations as for arrangement! I’ll let that idea flow for all of you.

Sure, I can do that. Should I also flip Gaap/Ronove with the Chiesters? Having Ronove/Gaap opposite Jessica/George and the Chiesters opposite Shannon/Kanon seems fitting. Also, It would make sense for the Chiesters to be long range pieces like bishops, while the Knights ability to hop over pieces fits with Gaap’s power.

2 Likes

Sure.

That range thing is indeed a thing more related to the rifle bunnies, nice idea.

Talking about bishops, should we put Dlanor & Willard or those two from the Knox brigade, when it comes to Chiru-related boards?

Making it more “Mystery versus Fantasy” compared to the current setup of “Magic versus Reality” could be sorta hard but I think it’d be fun to try.

Dlanor and Will seem more like Knights to me personally, coming to the rescue of Erika and Lion.

Yeah, that could work as well, we just would need two more to fulfil the role of the remaining horses.

Well, I’m gonna sleep a bit for today. I’m checking this thread out again in some hours, whenever you are ready to apply the changes of whatever you guys want, tag me and I’ll start the next Game as soon as I see it.

Oh yeah, and leave the new Chessboard in the comments if you can, so that I can apply it to the next Game.

Will do. I’m working on the knight/bishop swaps now. I’ll post it once it’s ready.

Alright, here’s the revised chessboard. The characters for the knights and bishops have been swapped on both sides. Now Gaap starts right next to Virgilia, while Ronove is busy attending to Eva Beatrice.

I also had an idea for a new background board for when we eventually start adding Chiru characters to the mix.

Finally, I went ahead and uploaded the photoshop file for the gameboard in case anyone is interested in playing around with it on their own.
https://mega.nz/#F!k4121RxZ!NfJLOBLV-vGEa63065lD4w

4 Likes

I wonder if a Higanbana chess would be feasible…?

Are there enough characters with sprites?

Probably not haha. Maybe a crossover would work.

I’d like to see Higanbana vs Higurashi characters, have a cross-story battle.

3 Likes

I’ve got a total of 29 Higanbana characters in my folder, and that’s including ones with multiple appearances. Not quite enough for a full set on its own, but certainly more than enough to make a single side with the Higurashi cast as the opposing side.

1 Like

Yessssss aw man that sounds like fun

2 Likes

Glad to hear it.

1 Like