Umineko Chess [GAME 4] (FULL SERIES SPOILERS) [FINISHED]

They wouldn’t need to do any of that. I’ll make the board very simple to work with. As long as someone has access to photoshop, all they’d need to do is drag the pieces to the desired spots and save the result as an image.

2 Likes

Oh okay, that’s a bit simpler.

I think it’s probably worth holding off on this until after this board is done though. We won’t be able to get our full enjoyment unless more people have finished Higanbana first.

2 Likes

I’m still free enough to do that any time, for now (and I finished nearly all of Ryukishi’s stuff thus far).

I can handle it if you guys need me to, for at least a game if everything goes right.

Otherwise I would also opt to wait a bit for it.

Well, I’m going to try and see if I can finish making the board today. Once that’s done I’ll leave it up to you to decide what to do with it.

2 Likes

Oh, I can barely wait to play Higanbana chess!! Well, since I’m here I’ll make a few moves.

“I’ll blow a hole through closed room tricks, alibis, and mysteries alike! I’m Gaap, the 33rd highest ranking earl of the underworld!”

Gaap to F6

2 Likes

I’m working on it as we speak. I hope you’ll enjoy it when it’s time.

White’s turn.

2 Likes

Okay, all the pieces for Higanbana’s chess set are pretty much ready. Before I start making the board though, I had a thought that I’d like a second opinion on. I noticed while making the black set that several of the pieces looked very similar to their counterparts on the opposing side. In order to make it easier to distinguish between these corresponding pieces, I considered the possibility of using an alternate background for the black pieces.

Here’s an example of how one of these pairs would look with similar backgrounds.
Marie Mesomeso Marie
And here’s how they would look with different backgrounds.
Marie Mesomeso Marie
Which do you think works better?

2 Likes

Alright! Here’s a rough draft of the Higanbana board. Please feel free to give me any suggestions with regards to the positions of certain characters. Again, I’m pretty unfamiliar with Higanbana so I don’t know what arrangement would be most appropriate. Also, I went with the alternate background for the black pieces for now, but if anyone thinks having both side’s pieces share backgrounds would work better just let me know and I’ll change it.

4 Likes

This is wonderful! I loved the different backgrounds idea! I can’t wait to finish reading so I can play!!

3 Likes

I’m glad that you like it. I hope you’ll be able to enjoy the game once it’s started.

2 Likes

“This game’ll go a bit longer than the last game, if I have a say in it…not that I’ll lose.”

Bern the Queen to C2

2 Likes

Hopefully that’ll be the case.

Black’s turn.

2 Likes

“Let’s get this over with.”

Belphegor to D5

1 Like

White’s turn.

2 Likes

I suppose it’s fine if I move the human side a bit.

“If you turn the chessboard over, we can be nearly sure that the existence of a 19th person is impossible.”

Kyrie to G3

2 Likes

I was starting to think everyone had forgotten about this.

Black’s turn.

2 Likes

Guess who’s decided to make a move again, heh.
Asmodeus to G5.

“Come ooonn, Onee-samaaa, show some vigor once in a while~. Don’t act like you don’t enjoy that wonderful, soft human flesh~.”

5 Likes

Lewd… yet fitting.

White’s turn.

2 Likes

Jumps out of a window in a reasonably cool manner.

George to F3

4 Likes

Black’s turn.

2 Likes