Umineko Steam Release Feedback, Bug Reports, Typos

Just a quick question.

I’ve finally finished EP4, as well as the Tea Party and ??? for EP4.

Why haven’t I received the achivement of ‘Game Master LV1’, which Steam says is unlocked by reading EP! - EP4?

Is anyone else unable to unlock the achievement Game Master LV1?

I sent an email to Mangagamer today asking what their advice was, seeing as I have every other achievement (21/22) and it’s so incredibly aggravating to be at 95% all the time. I was told to uninstall and reinstall it, as there should be no problems. But doing that and speeding through EP4, the Tea Party, and ??? still hasn’t done it. I have everything on my menu, too. TIPS, Music Box, etc. I’ve looked into how to manually update Steam games and tried it with Umineko, so I should be up to date, yet I still can’t unlock that achievement.

Any ideas?
Even if no ideas, I’d feel a little better if someone else had this problem, too.

2 Likes

Sorry for the double post.

Since Mangagamer gave up on me, I’ll have to figure this out myself.

How do I delete my save files for Umineko?
Every time I delete them, launching Umineko puts them all back in the folder.
I need to start with a fresh copy to try to get GM LV1.

I have deleted them in Umineko’s game folder as well as appdata, but the saves automatically repopulate upon launching the game.

1 Like

I had the same question, thankfully there are some helpful people around. You just have to kill the game via task manager after removing the saves all while the game is open, problem solved!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/406550/discussions/0/1290691308576203040/

1 Like

It worked! Thanks!

I’m gonna yell if this doesn’t unlock my Game Master achievement!

Now the question is… do you think I need to read through each EP again, or unlocking and fast forwarding through EP4 + respective Tea Parties is enough?

1 Like

I would say that you only need to unlock them through the menu, there’s probably a ‘flag’ that triggers once you finish the Ep4 tea party which unlocks the final splashscreen and access to the music box, I’d assume there’s a similar flag that triggers the achievement. Happy achievement hunting!

I seriously hope this works.
With everything in me, I hope this works.
Being forever stuck at 95% makes me irrationally upset!
I’ll fast forward through EP4 just to be safe. The S key is super handy because I don’t have to hold it down or stay on the Umineko window, hah.

EDIT: @MagusVerborum, just wanted to update here. The answer is…
NO, IT DIDN’T DO ANYTHING AT ALL

edit 2: am i cursed or what. i feel like the only person in the universe that doesn’t have this unlocked and no matter what i do or who i ask no one can tell me why. i demand a refund.

edit 3: amenenee will never unlock Game Master LV1!

2 Likes

Amenenee just has to unlock Game Master LV1 in her heart <3

2 Likes

That won’t get me to 100 perceeeeeeeent!!

2 Likes

Note: the white bar is not an error. I marked out a character’s name so I could make a joke that Mion speaks in 1080p but not spoil anyone on something.

This isn’t a huge problem, but I’ve noticed when I save or load from Umineko Chiru, there are no thumbnails for the save files. It doesn’t deter my reading, I suppose it’s more of a visual conflict for me.

screencaps

Saving:

Loading:

1 Like

I’ve found this small one while me and my friends were group reading in twitch:

1 Like
EP5 spoilers

How have people been finding Chiru? Spotting any bugs or typos?

It seems someone on the Steam forums encountered a bug in Episode 6.

Sacae: “I’m in the middle of episode 6, the first twlight just finished and Erika is rushing around half checking crime scenes. The tooltips for Rosa and Maria are wrongly updated. http://prntscr.com/hlrgv7 Example. Both are dead in the parlor, but Maria says Krassus’ Study and Rosa says ‘her room’. Repeatingly before and after the update people have said they lay dead in the parlor. Is there a way to let Mangagamer know?”

Source

1 Like

I didn’t buy steam Chiru as I have the original disc, but I’m wondering if the song lyrics were untranslated?

I would shoot them an email.
Here is a contact email I found on their site.
[email protected]

I’d do it myself but I had so many issues with Umineko Question Arcs beforehand that I doubt they’d even read an email sent by me.

I don’t know if it’s a typo or not but Battler is often written with double e at the start of EP5.

1 Like

Minor typo in the EP2’s ??? famous super paper scene:

1 Like

I have mixed feelings about the MangaGamer release because of the quality of the translations. Did they use editor for proofreading, because there is a few mistakes and some words and sentences cutting off weirdly time to time. The text is also sometimes hard to read in general, it tends to blend in with the background or characters. But eh…