Rokkenjima Mafia - Game III [Game Over - Human Side Victory]

Hello, children of the Island. Welcome to Rokkenjima, or at least this personal distortion. This Gameboard is styled as a ‘Mafia’ Game, a competitive flow of logic, thinking, trust, and analysis, that you and your fellow players must come together, to unite or fool others, into your victory.

“What is Mafia?” you may ask. To put it simply, a mafia game pits an uninformed majority – in this case, the “Human Side” – against an informed minority – the “Witch Side” – with each side trying to eliminate the others, and the last team standing wins

1. The Witch Side know who their teammates are and may communicate with them outside of the thread
  2. The Human Side players only know their own identity and cannot communicate with other members about the game outside of this thread
    There are on occasion additional factions at play, and they will bring their own agenda with them. It’s up to you to decided whether their presence is a help, or harm.

This Mafia is, of course, themed after 07th Expansion – each participant will be assigned a character from the game; combined with your alignment, this makes up your “Role.” Most characters will also be assigned an ability that allows them to take a special action under certain circumstances.

----Game Progression----

The game is divided into two alternating phases:

In the Daylight Phases, members vote in-thread on who they would like to lynch; if a majority of the participants can agree on one person, then that person is Killed. If no agreement can be reached, then whichever member has to most votes against them at the end of the 48-hour time limit is Killed. If there are multiple members with the same number of votes, then the Victim will be determined randomly from the tie.

During the Twilight Phases, members with active abilities can send a Private Message to the Game Master with who and/or how they want to use their ability. Night actions may be changed or canceled at any time during the 24-hour time limit.

----Voting----

When voting, please do so in bold, and separated from the body of your post, like so:

Vote: Bonecuss

Keeping it between paragraphs and bolded will make it easier for the Game Master to recognize and count your vote. As we are just starting, I will be lenient, but this will be enforced more over time.

When changing a vote, you use the same format, but with “Change Vote” instead of just “Vote.” If you have cast a vote and wish take it back entirely instead of just changing it to someone else, use:

Change Vote: No Vote

If you wish for nobody to be lynched during a Daylight Phase, then you also have the option of casting a vote for “No Death.” The difference you must recognize here is that a No Death vote means you are actively voting for no-one to die, whereas using No Vote means you are not adding anything to the overall tally.

In the scenario where a definitive Majority Vote occurs (eg, 6 of 10 living players all vote the same player), the Daylight Phase will end early and that player will be killed. Once this is locked in, the death is definitive, and any changed votes before the Game Master is able to progress the game will be ignored. You can not back down from such a decision so easily, weaklings.

----Night Actions----

When sending in your night action PM, please use a format similar to voting – for those of you with active abilities, this means using the bolded word from your role description. Some examples:

Investigate: Bonecuss

Kill: Bonecuss

Protect: Bonecuss

This is to help the Game Master keep straight who is doing what without having to memorize everyone’s ability or consult a list (more than is necessary, anyway).

If you have no intent to act during a Twilight Phase, please send a PM saying “No action”. This will speed up the Twlight Phase so the Game Master doesn’t have to wait for everyone’s PM. You do not have to worry about this if you do not have a night phase ability.

----Roleclaims----

At any time you see fit, you may make a claim to which character you are and what your alignment is; this generally done as a manner of defending oneself, though the effectiveness will vary. An example:

You are Bonecuss: Human Aligned Bullied Example

As a Rule, this is the ONLY part of your Role PM you can share within the game board. Do not share any other information word-for-word from your PM in the thread.

Please do not DIRECTLY QUOTE from your PM, using the Highlight and Quote Reply function; the way this forum works let’s anyone expand a Quote to it’s full post, including Private PMs. This has happened unnoticed in previous games.

----Winning the Game----

These are the Win Conditions that will cause the Game to end.

For the Human Side - The Human Side must find and Kill every member of the Witch Side through Majority Vote in Daylight Phases. When only Humans remain, all survivors will be crowned as Winners.

For the Witch Side - When the Witch Side is equal to or outnumbers the remaining Humans, the Witches will automatically win.

----Modkills----

A Modkill is when the Game Master has to step in and Kill a Player due to them violating one this game’s four rules:

1. Do not talk about the game outside of the thread with people you aren’t allowed to talk to it about.

2. Do not edit or delete your posts. Just like in real life, once you’ve said something, you’ve said it – no take-backs. If you need to say something else or clarify a certain point, you are allowed to double post. For the purposes specific to Rokkenjima as a forum, please avoid posting images in messages from outside the website; the Discourse forum will auto-edit your post to move the image to Rokkenjima’s own server. This may result in accidental disqualification. If you need to post an image for whatever reason, please use the Upload feature included in the message editor when posting.

3. Do not quote anything from another member or the Game Master’s Private Messages to you in-thread without their permission, with the exception of your character name and alignment.

4. Do not disclose ANY information about the game (your power, the results of your night actions, the identity of your teammate(s), etc.) after your death has been confirmed in a write-up.

Beyond these restrictions, anything goes (all forum rules still apply).

Additionally, you will be Modkilled if you are absent from the proceedings (either in-thread or from night actions) for four consecutive phases. Being active in the proceedings does not include one post every five days simply saying you are busy. If you’re going to be away for a while, say so ahead of time in-thread to avoid receiving a Modkill. Alternatively, you may simply send PM to the Game Master to notify them that you are still paying attention, but aren’t acting/speaking for strategic reasons.

----Further Questions----

If you’ve any questions about game progression in general, ask in-thread so that someone may assist you as soon as possible. Questions specifically about your role or ability works should be PM’d directly to the GM. Suggestions concerning things to be done in future rounds may be PM’d to the GM or posted in-thread, whichever you prefer.

----Game Resources----

An Example Game can be viewed here, which contains a higher level logic and thinking that Players should strive for.

Due to the request of a few Players, I’ve compiled a list of possible ‘Roles’ that can appear in the Game. Please peruse this at your leisure to help you try and identify your potential allies and enemies.

1 Like

Welcome to Rokkenjima. Not yours, but mine.

With a victory over the legendary Crimson Sorceror shown to the sea of stars, budding Voyagers have started to raise their confidence and step towards all challenges from their elders with renewed vigor.

However, they knew the ancient mage would return with another scenario. The bell has tolled, and the doors to the familiar marble chamber have opened once more.

Will you accept the invitation? Will you help lead the Humans to another victory, or help the Crimson and his Witches take back their honor?

Time will let the roulette choose it’s victor, and it’s up to all of you to take up the seats.

This games difficulty will be the hardest yet, with brand new visitors bringing brand new abilities to the mansion. Play carefully, or be lost in the confusion of this corrupted fragment.

Players:
01. Karifean
02. Wonderlander
03. Pictoshark
04. Restkastel
05. Aspirety
06. PocketyHat
07. akafa123
08. King_Titanite_XV
09. thesorceress
10. Pepe
11. EternalMagician
12. cjlim2007

The Game So Far:

Winners:
Restkastel - Maria Ushiromiya, Human Aligned Magic Faithful,
PocketyHat - Beatrice, Human Aligned Golden Myth,
akafa123 - Alice, Human Aligned Bored Maiden
King_Titanite_XV - Ronove, Human Aligned Cookie Creator
thesorceress - Mion Sonozaki, Human Aligned Club Leader
Pepe - Rena Ryuugu, Human Aligned Master Hoarder

Losers:
Wonderlander - Rose Haibera, Human Aligned Primavera Princess
Aspirety - Virgilia, Witch Aligned Magic Maiden
EternalMagician - Gaap, Human Aligned Portal Master
cjlim2007 - Lambdadelta, Human Aligned Candy Diva
pictoshark - Leo Shishigami, Witch Aligned Smoking Wanderer (Forfeit)
Karifean - Bernkastel, Witch Aligned Dark Observer (Forfeit)

But of course.

I would gladly accept this invitation Mr. Sorcerer.

Kuhuhuhuhu! Does the Crimson not remember my previous declaration?

Oh my, I guess he really is turning senile if he forgot that. Kuhuhuhuhu.

Please, child. You said only to invite you directly if you were still around. Obviously, with someone like you, I assumed you would not be more then a stain on the floor in the time it’s been since the last match. Your personality didn’t seem like one that would survive the ire of your companions.

Since you seem to have survived, I’ll have to silence you myself.

By the way, the Role List has been updated with quite a lot more potential plays. Better familiarize yourself with them before they stomp all over you.

This seems like it can stifle my boredom for a while. Sign me up.

Yes yes yes~

Ohohoho! I shall join as well!~

Can I join too?

Everyone so far is on the list. In the event we hit the 12 player cap and I’m not completely ready, I’ll let more people join up to a cap of 15-ish.

TBH I don’t know if this game board is going to be of a suitable difficulty for me, as while I’m pretty good at this sort of stuff when I get acquainted to it I think it’s been a VERY long time since I played Mafia and this board has been described as “the hardest one yet”. Still count me in and hopefully I won’t get trashed in only two twilights or something.

Something to note is that I will be a lot less active today and tomorrow than what I could be the rest of the time due to exams and stuffs. Other than that I hope to see you in the gameboard soon - and preferably without a knife in one of our backs.

Raises hand. I need to redeem myself from last time.

Sure, I’ll hop in, as always

I’ll also join to, hopefully, redeem my mistakes from the last game

Wow, the turnout for this is leagues better than expected! Especially since the last one took like a month before we hit the required amount.

so when we get our 12th player in a month from now, we all know to blame Aspi for jinxing it

6 Likes

Do I dare…? Eh sure ill go again

2 Likes

In the familiar mansion on the island of Rokkenjima, twelve people stood inside the seals of red magic locking them from the outside world.

In the familiar marble hall in the world above worlds, twelve people took their seats around a circular stone table.

Many were eager to return to this honoured stage, with some trying to egg on the others to get started faster and take up the seats.

However, even the most restless knew that they were fated to wait for The Crimson to take the center throne before this game can begin.

However, it did not take too long. The Crimson entered the hall, and for the first time, his entrance was not so dramatic. He looked somewhat weary, and weak, as he stepped quietly around the circle to his throne.

“Welcome, Players. I see the usual suspects are here as always. To those who do not know me, I am the Crimson Sorceror.”

The loudest of the group tried to provoke him, and some of the previous Red Players seemed worried. His lesser condition was very obvious, and it seemed he struggled to keep up his larger-than-life persona.

“Do not worry, children of worlds. I left before showing it at the end of our last match, but I take some hits from such a loss. You struck quite a blow last time, but don’t expect such an easy win again.”

“Let’s not waste any time on me. The Gameboard is calling. I promise this will be a match to remember.”

You have 48 Hours to decide on your votes, with the phase ending at 4:40AM UTC, on Sunday the 18th of December.

With 12 Players remaining, the majority lynch is at 7. If majority is achieved, the vote will be frozen and the player nominated will be killed as soon as the Game Master is available. If majority is not achieved during the Phase, the player with the most votes at the end of the time limit will be killed.

Enjoy your day.

@Karifean @Wonderlander @Pictoshark @Restkastel @Aspirety @PocketyHat @akafa123 @King_Titanite_XV @thesorceress @Pepe @EternalMagician @cjlim2007

And just in case, a last quick tl;dr of the rules.

1. Don’t talk about the game (in the context of playing it) outside the thread. All strategy and planning must be here. (Unless you’re the Witch Side, you can also use your private discussion)
  2. Don’t edit posts.
  3. Don’t quote anything except your role from your PM
  4. Don’t reveal any information about the game after you die.
  5. Don’t break any normal forum rules.

Also this round we’re running a complete ban of Mafia discussion in Discord. Please be aware of this.

Additionally, leniency for rule breaking is over. Play smart and careful.

Role PMs have been sent out, check your inboxes even if there is no notification. There’s apparently a bug with that.

Seeing as we don’t have any information, I dont see why we should kill any of our fellow people. After all, we can’t be sure who is a human and who is a witch. I put my vote as No Death